Summer is here and I wanted to update you on all the work that is being done for the restructuring. You may have noticed the use of the new logo in emails. The official launch of the new structure is September 15, 2017 so their has been a whirlwind of restructuring work being done behind the scenes. Here are the highlights:
- NEW CHAPTERS - Chicago Chapter and St. Louis Metro East are busy with building new chapters! If you are interested in getting involved, contact email@example.com and she will put you in contact with the leadership team in those areas.
- BOARD MEETING - Board of Directors is meeting this weekend in Champaign to vote on the new affiliate-chapter agreement & vote on proposed by-laws to send to the membership for ratification.
- MEETING WITH NAEYC - Tonya & Carol met with Stephanie Morris from NAEYC and Missouri AEYC to talk about membership under the new structure.
- NEW WEBSITE - Be on the look out for our new website launch by the end of the month! We know you will love the new look of our site!
- BOARD ELECTIONS - Watch our website for the new application for state board elections! The following positions are open: President-elect (4 yr term*), Secretary (2 yr term), Treasurer (1 yr. term), VP Southern Region & VP Central West (2 yr term). If you are a dedicated early childhood professional, have a passion for this organization and a desire to give back to the profession, here’s your chance! *1 yr as President-elect, 2 yrs as President, 1 yr as Past-President
Have a great summer! As always, feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns.
Carol Weisheit, President
Posted on Thu, June 1, 2017
by Tonya Frehner