Happy Holidays to Illinois AEYC Members!
We can hardly believe that 2016 is ending next week. What a whirlwind year! Even though the restructuring has been dominating our work load, we still found time to: mentor 57 programs seeking accreditation or quality improvement, write and secure the Health Equities grant from NAEYC and host a state-wide conversation around the topic, provide an amazing successful conference and build a new, diverse and passionate group of individuals to rebuild a Chicago Chapter! Whew….No wonder we are looking forward to our holiday break!
I also wanted to let you know the Board of Directors has been hard at work during the restructuring process. Since last January, we have been involved with:
- NAEYC dialogue meeting with 15 out of 17 affiliates
- regional meetings to discuss the restructuring
- individual local board meetings to discuss restructuring
- webinars for affiliate-chapter agreement
- webinars for drafting new by-laws
- board meetings focusing on strategic planning
Hundreds of hours have gone into the restructuring process and we want to thank all Illinois AEYC Board Members and affiliate leaders for their dedication and effort to this process. The dedication shown to this organization is to be commended.
We hope everyone has time to enjoy family and friends during this holiday season.
Carol Weisheit, President
Tonya Frehner, Director of Programs