All young children will reach their full potential.
Illinois AEYC advances high quality learning for all children birth through age 8 by promoting practice, policy and research to support all families and professionals.
- Mobilize and educate the early childhood community to advocate for young children.
- Educate the public regarding the value to the community of children, families and early childhood professionals.
- Enhance the professional development of Illinois AEYC Members
- Improve the quality of early childhood programs, through collaboration, by enhancing the knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices among professionals
- Empower families as the child’s first teacher
High-Performing, Inclusive Organization
- NAEYC is committed to being a high-performing inclusive organization. As an affiliate of NAEYC, Illinois AEYC is focused on initiating these principles to elevate our organization for all early childhood professionals. You can access NAEYC’s Statement of Commitment here. Illinois AEYC using the NAEYC Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education Position Statement to guide our work. If you would like to be more involved, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Values and Beliefs
Our core values are defined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and are deeply rooted in the early childhood profession. In addition, we seek to be a high-performing, inclusive organization that in enriched by and continually grows from our commitment to diversity, as embodied by our core beliefs.
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn.
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family.
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
- Respect the dignity worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member and college).
- Respect diversity in children, family and colleagues.
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
- Excellence and Innovation- We are imaginative risk takers willing to challenge assumptions while being accountable to our mission and fiscally responsible.
- Transparency- We act with openness and clarity.
- Reflection- We consider multiple sources of evidence and diverse perspectives to review past performance, note progress and successes, and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Equity and Opportunity- We advocate for policies, practices and systems that promote full and inclusive participation. We confront biases that create barriers and limit the potential of children, families and early childhood professionals.
- Collaborative Relationships- We share leadership and responsibility in our work with others. We commit time and effort ensure diverse participation and more effective outcomes. We act with integrity, respect, and trust.