I want to update you on the reorganization of the Chicago chapter and inform you of the incredible work that is being done behind the scenes!
Thanks to your response, we have had 2 incredibly productive meetings at National Louis on October 27 and December 1. During these meetings we have brainstormed what the new Chicago chapter should look like, what services should be provided to members and how to avoid the mismanagement which lead to Chicago Metro being dissolved. Please be assured that the new group of individuals are passionate about a high performing, inclusive organization as we move forward.
Here are the highlights:
- Chicago Metro AEYC has not been affiliated with Opening Minds Conference for the past 4 years and does not have any resources available from the Opening Minds Conference to support the new Chicago Chapter.
- The new name will be Illinois AEYC Chicago Chapter to be in alignment with the new requirements from NAEYC.
- Chicago Chapter is committed to diverse representation in leadership.
- Chicago Chapter will avoid the mismanagement which led to the dissolution of Chicago Metro AEYC.
- Chicago Chapter are team players who are passionate about providing services to the membership.
- It is vitally important that the new Chicago Chapter mount a rebranding campaign and provide a member event in the very near future!
As you can see, there is work to be done!! If you are interested in getting involved, please continue to check Illinois AEYC FB page, the NEW
Chicago Chapter FB page, or the Illinois AEYC blog (this website).
We will be stronger because of your support and we look forward to working together to rebuild the Illinois AEYC Chicago Chapter!
Have a wonderful holiday season.
All my best,
Carol Weisheit, President