From our colleagues at Teach Plus
I’d like to encourage you to apply for the Teach Plus Early Childhood Educator Policy Fellowship. They are looking for great Early Childhood Educators that reflect the cultural, linguistic, and geographic diversity of Illinois. It’s a great way for you to ensure that your voice is heard when the state develops education policy, and you don’t have to leave the classroom to do it! More information is below:
What is the Early Childhood Educator Policy Fellowship?
- Highly selective leadership opportunities for outstanding Illinois early childhood educators looking to deepen their knowledge of education policy and gain a voice in decisions that affect students and the early childhood landscape.
- Fellows expand their influence without leaving the classroom, starting in June 2021 and concluding in June 2022.
- Monthly Fellows Sessions (virtual and in-person)
- Fellows receive training through expert-led modules and direct engagement with key stakeholders. No prior policy experience required.
- Fellows receive a $1,600 stipend for their commitment.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Are educators with at least two (2) full years of experience by August 2021
- Have a track record of success with students in Illinois
- Are ready to dedicate time and passion to learning about policy and advocating on behalf of changes that impact early childhood across all of Illinois
- Have a passion for sharing the diverse perspectives and experiences of students and educators with policy makers.
To learn more, we have virtual info sessions. Please click on the link to register.
Applications are due April 25th. If you have any questions about the Illinois Early Childhood Educator Policy Fellowship, please reach out to Sinthu Ramalingam at email@example.com. Don’t miss this opportunity to influence state policy. Start your application today!